Monday, August 25, 2008

Jacklin & Graham - Wedding

Jacklin & Graham's wedding day was 'magical' to say the least. It was a warm, sunny day (which has been rare the past few weeks) in Southlands surrounded by beautiful homes and a lot of horses!

Out of respect for their privacy and the current media attention, I won't be displaying any images but I know I captured the spirit of the day! I could feel the love and warmth of family and friends enveloping the couple as they said their vows. After the ceremony, the couple rode in a horse-drawn carriage and we had a chance to escape the camera crews and get some amazing shots at a beautiful, red barn. From there we were able to cruise through the Dunbar area and eventually down to the Vancouver Yacht Club. An old vintage car was awaiting them and I got some great shots with the Vancouver mountains in the background.

I don't think I've ever met a couple so meant for one another than Jacklin & Graham. They know the true meaning of love and have a deeper understanding for how precious life really is. Perhaps part of it is a result of the challenges they have faced early in life. But I get a feeling it goes beyond life experience - it comes from the sense of values given to them from their parents and grandparents. Without this foundation, I believe their journey may have been a little more difficult to bear.

Through everything, they have kept an unbelievable sense of humour and I had SO much fun laughing with them and the rest of the bridal party the entire day. On August 23rd, something I had always known but hadn't thought a lot about lately, came rushing back to me - the importance of strong family values, unconditional love and standing tall in the face of adversity while never losing the joy life has to offer.