Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama

It's official! Barack Obama is the NEW President of the United States of America. I realize I'm stating the obvious - who doesn't know the results of last night's election... But I'm compelled to verbalize it, in any form, in order to wrap my head around the vast significance of this event. We all the know how many "firsts" this involves so I won't bother with the redundancy but it will be very interesting in the next 4 years to see what actually evolves compared to the 'change' Americans have been promised. I'm excited to witness all the events (whatever they may be) and watch how Obama handles what he has been dealt.

I have been quite impressed so far with how he conducted himself and handled his campaign; with dignity, integrity and good old fashioned hard-working ethics. Although I am not American and had no say in the election, I will be affected indirectly and the fact that a real man of character and principles (in my humble opinion) now presides over the nation south of our border, instills a sense of optimism that the world could actually become a better place. Barack Obama is only one man. But if one other person emulates the same level of tenacity with a high sense of propriety as a result of studying the methods used by Obama, it creates a positive chain reaction.

That being said, (all emotion aside) it still remains to be seen how much actual influence Barack will have in the Nation's Capitol...