Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Los Angeles, California

It's my birthday! I LOVE my birthday!!! However, today was a day of rest and relaxation... I needed it 'cause I spent a non-stop weekend in Los Angeles with some great friends. Thursday I went Salsa dancing all night long. Friday I went to the Grand Opening of a new shopping development in Glendale called The Americana where I shopped til I dropped. Saturday night I went to a hip, happening hot spot in downtown L.A. called Edison (which I HIGHLY recommend checking out - www.edisondowntown.com). I'm exhausted! However, the ironic thing about hanging out with other photographers is that none of us carry a camera when we go out. So, fortunately, there are no pictures that prove I was dancing with reckless abandon.

That being said, one of the highlights of my vacation was actually being photographed by one of the best fashion and commercial photographers in L.A. I went to high school with Paul Rumohr and I was shocked to find out he has been living in L.A. for the past 18 years photographing actors, models and celebrities for a living. Check out his site at www.paulrumohr.com. I told Paul to photograph me like he would one of his edgier, fashion layouts. I later regretted this 'cause he really pushed me hard! I thought I was in good shape but evidently not good enough. He had me balancing in high heels on top of a cliff - my quads were killing me!

As a photographer I'm always the one taking the pictures and I'm never in any of them. For the most part I'm very happy about that. However, I wanted to get back in front of the camera again just to step in the shoes of all my fabulous couples and clients. It's tough being in front of the camera and I want you all to know I know exactly how you feel!