Sunday, December 7, 2008

John Valk BMW / Ducati Grand Opening

This past Saturday I had the privilege of attending John Valk's Grand Opening of his new store on Grandview Hwy! I scored a new riding jacket too with the hefty discounts they were offering!

(this ISN'T the one I bought... I'll show you that come spring)


It was also the unveiling of the NEW Ducati 1100S! It looks relatively like my 696 Monster but much more powerful. Definitely not something I'm willing to play with! My bike has more than enough torque thank you very much...

Larry Campbell and another minister from Ottawa (I can't remember his name... how bad is that!) were on hand for the ribbon cutting...


The Ducati rep and his "lovely assistant" unveiled the new Monster... (I was so excited!)


And here it is!.....


Just look at those wheels, the Brembo breaks... ahhhh! So beautiful!



The entertainment they had was quite unique! African drummers and dancers were on hand and the performance was exhilarating! But there was a reason behind the "African Theme"...


... John Valk and his crew are planning a 36 day ride from Cape Town, South Africa up the eastern coast of Africa, past Malawi, through the Mojave desert and ending somewhere near the supposed region where mankind was said to have begun... HOW INCREDIBLE WOULD THAT BE!!! For more information, check out the details on his website www.johnvalkbmw.com