Monday, June 11, 2007

BC Children's Hospital


BC Children's Hospital is a place very close to my heart. Every year the hospital receives up to 80,000 little patients who need care, as well as a place to feel safe while away from home. I can't imagine what it would be like for a child to be placed in a cold, unfamiliar room surrounded by, or hooked up to scary-looking machines. Or a parent watching their child endure such sadness, fear and unpleasantness. BC Children's Hospital Foundation ensures that each child is given the best possible care - including a place where they can play, learn, laugh and grow - through fundraising and donations.
I was very fortunate last weekend to be able to donate my time at the annual BC Children's Hospital Telethon hosted by Global TV (June 2 & 3). They raised $14,688,536 during the 20th annual Miracle Weekend! This is just one of the ways I have given to BC Children's Hospital. For every child or family portrait session, I donate 10% of my profit to the Foundation. If you would like to help, please visit www.bcchf.ca. Check out all the great things they do!