Monday, December 3, 2007

Whistler Film Festival

I can't believe the caliber of films presented at the Whistler Film Festival! Among them is a short produced and directed by a friend of mine, Gary Hawes. If you get a chance, check out Swap. I went up with my friend Ally and we stayed with Gary and his beautiful partner, Courtney who was a very gracious hostess. We all played a wicked game of... (can't remember the name, but it WAS pretty wicked) and went to a few of the parties... As amazing as the festival was, it was driving back to Vancouver Sunday afternoon that proved to be a BIG challenge. I drove past 5 separate accidents and watched as most vehicles slid out of control and couldn't get up the hill by Horseshoe Bay. I did a fair bit of sliding too but thankfully I learned to drive in Calgary and know how to stay in control in the ice and snow. I thank God for getting me home safely and pray that no one was seriously hurt.