Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grenada

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Grenada! I remember my Dad telling me stories of his travels to Grenada when he was a pilot out of the Bahamas. He said it was his favourite place and that his dream was to one day live there. I'm sure it has changed a lot since 'his day' but I was absolutely fascinated by the landscape and the 'legendary' place my Dad thought so fondly of. Grenada is an agricultural wonder. All the farm land is on the mountainside - they harvest all their crops by climbing up the hills. There is no 'clear cutting' or landscaping. It's a hard life but their countryside is still 'untouched' by modern technology.





I also had the opportunity to photograph Christine & Jerry while they were on vacation. We didn't have a lot of time - they didn't want to miss their cruise line embarkation! They just wanted a few shots of their day. But we had fun nonetheless exploring the island, the buildings and a few local attractions.