Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Marathon Training - Update

Phew.... Training for a marathon requires much more discipline than I thought! I've always gone running every morning so I thought this was going to be a BREEZE! Was I ever wrong. At this time of year, when the sun rises much later and sets much sooner, finding time to run during daylight hours has been a challenge. Which is why I've made running in the dark work for me. I wear LOTS of reflective material and run on 'busy' roads - if you can call any road 'busy' at 5:00 in the morning!

That being said, I'm up to 15 miles! My training is coming along great (albeit challenging).

Now the bad news... looks like I'll be in Mexico during the time I was supposed to run the actual Marathon... hee hee... Oh well. I think I'd much rather be shooting in Mexico than running 26 miles in Seattle during the winter!

My next 'exercise' project? I start training for a triathlon next month. I'm starting with the swimming portion - my weakest area of all time... Once again - I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Please note: this isn't the end of my Marathon hopes...