Thursday, January 10, 2008

Paradise Island

I'm on Paradise Island in the Bahamas staying with my family in the shadow of the Atlantis Hotel. I'm originally from the Bahamas and it's my 'home' when I'm not running the business in the Pacific Northwest. My cousin has always worked with dolphins and her husband is a Director at the Atlantis Dolphin Facility. Swimming with the dolpins has always been somewhat of a regular occurrence for me. Here's where my cousin works:
But my greatest joy is seeing my one-year old nephew (or 2nd cousin... whatever the technical term is) and watching him learn the fundamentals of life. In him I see God's miracles and it just blows me away. Look at him playing in the water - he's so cuuuute!

Life is so precious. When I get stressed with deadlines and schedules and the everyday 'toil' of life, I realize that, in the big scheme of things, all that really matters is love, life and laughter (and of course, food, sleep and toys that make a lot of noise).