Friday, September 12, 2008

Charlie & Brent - Engagement

The Four Seasons in Whistler has been AMAZING! Colin Daly has been gracious to refer SO many couples in my direction than I can count. It looks like I'll be spending a lot of time up there next summer. I can't wait!

Charlie & Brent is just one of my Whistler couples who currently live in Los Angeles but are heading up to the world famous resort in February 09 for their wedding. After 2 days of scouting locations in the area, they were given my name and immediately called to meet with me before jumping on their plane back to Los Angeles. I loved them immediately! Charlie was so excited and her best friend, Courtney, who is acting as their 'coordinator extraordinaire', was also excitedly telling me of their adventures. Brent was a little more reserved and asked the "technical" questions, but it wouldn't be long before I got a real taste of his sense of humour!



I was fortunate enough to head down to Los Angeles to do their engagement shoot. We headed down to the expansive sandy beaches and it was here that I saw how Charlie & Brent REALLY interact with one another! They both kept me in stitches and I don't think we stopped laughing the whole time!






At the beginning Brent was a little nervous. But as soon as I told him he didn't have to look at the camera (as a matter of fact, do anything EXCEPT look at the camera) he became a COMPLETELY different person! Gone was the 'resesrved', stern expression. It was GREAT! Near the end of the shoot he had a whole different outlook and was even bold enough to look straight in my lens...




Although our shoot was quick, I'm so excited about seeing Charlie & Brent again in February! We'll not only have the wedding day, but hopefully a day or two before and/or after the wedding to get some spectacular shots on the mountain!