Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What kind of car should I get?

I already have a car - a Honda Civic. It's GREAT on gas! Especially with these ridiculously high prices we're paying at the pump these days. However, I've decided to hand it over to my Mom who doesn't have a car.

Everyday she wakes up early and takes the bus for TWO HOURS to get to work. By car it would only take 20 minutes. With winter surely on it's way (and, believe me, I can feel the cold weather coming) I can't bare the thought of my Mom standing in the cold, wet, Pacific Northwest weather waiting for a bus.

So that brings me to my dilemma... what kind of car should I get? I definitely want something fuel efficient and that I'm not going to get all panicky about if it accidentally gets scratched on one of those hectic days of shooting (trust me, some shooting schedules are SO jam-packed that getting everything into the car becomes a game-show challenge). I don't want to be more concerned about my car than my couple!

Going "green" is also a goal of mine. So far I've only looked at hybrids and/or clean diesel. I have a little while to decide but if anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd REALLY appreciate it!

In the meantime, I look forward to the day I can hand over my warm, safe, reliable car to my Mom. She's always been there for me!