Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Autumn

I LOVE Autumn! It's my favourite time of the year! The leaves start turning color, a slight chill is in the air... it's time to get out my cozy, comfy sweaters, sit in an oversized, 'marshmallow-y' couch in front of a warm fire place, catch up on ALL my reading and just relax.

Most people who know me, KNOW that I'm not a cold-weather person. As a matter of fact, I get REALLY cold, REALLY fast. Even now, I'm all bundled up in flannel pj's, fuzzy slippers and zipped up in a huge fleece... and it's not even winter yet! But that's the best part! The tangible feeling of being all bundled up in my 'cozy comfies' feels so much like being wrapped in pure, unadulterated love.

Mind you, even I get tired of being "smothered" so its nice to know I'll be heading south to warmer climates for all my winter destination weddings. I have a few months to go... maybe by then I'll be ready to shed the extra blankets. For now, I'm quite content watching the leaves change and snuggling up on the sofa with a good book.